UPDATE: We have changed the session on Sunday 20 June to run online via Instagram
Walking Meditation practice with gentle yoga movements at the start and end. Guided by Jasminder (Director of Bahia Yoga). This year’s theme for World Refugee Week is – We Cannot Walk Alone so it feels fitting to take part in a walking meditation practice. The benefits of meditation are endless. It helps us to connect, and focus our minds. It allows us to be more present and grounded. Meditation is good for reducing stress and anxiety. And most people can practice some form of meditation, walking, sitting, or laying down. If you have time afterward stay on and chat with the team about World Refugee Week.
- Venue: Wollaton Park, Wollaton Road, NG8 2AE
- Hosted by: Bahia Yoga
- Notes: Book online. All levels of ability/experience welcome including children. You won’t need any special equipment, or any fancy clothes, just comfortable clothes and shoes for walking. If the weather is nice you might prefer to be barefoot. If it’s light rain the session will still run but make sure you are dressed for all weathers. (Meet up is Wollaton Park, on the grass mid way between Wollaton Hall and the childrens playground. Look for the yoga mats and Bahia t-shirts.)
- Cost: FREE to people seeking asylum or refuge. Otherwise we ask you to consider making a donation of £5 – £10 if possible.
- Book online: https://bahiayoga.com/walking-meditation-on-world-refugee-day-20-june-2021
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/BahiaYoga
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BahiaYoga/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/bahiayoga/